EncinoMom the California Lifestyle New Media Magazine.: My Name is Lisa, and I'm a Tomato Maniac.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Name is Lisa, and I'm a Tomato Maniac.

Hi, Lisa.

Walk with us through Encino on this lovely Sunday morning as we trudge through the mud to Tomatomania at Tapia Brothers (Hayvenhurst & 101). We started the morning at Encino Elementary's Pancake Palooza where we had lavish lattes from the best mobile baristas around. Thanks, Encino Dad's & Dudes for organizing this family friendly event!



A walk past the final stages of our local mini-mall makeover yields to a stroll through Los Encinos State Historic Park.


I learn that cactus is a survival food. Good to know.


The sun plays hide and seek behind the clouds as we pull the little red wagon up to Tapia Brothers where Tomatomania has taken up residence for the weekend. The kids explore, roosters roam, and tomato maniacs like me peruse the plants.


Back home the mud meets the mat. . .


and it's tomato planting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment